How do you prepare yourself for a new year? Here are 20 things to do before 2018 for a great start to the new year. I think it is great to start new things when a new year rolls around but why not also do a bit of prep before the new year rolls around? Consider this a soft launch of 2018.
20 Things To Do Before 2018
- Read that book that is sitting on your side or coffee table
- Organise your digital and paper files
- Recycle and shred any documents or papers that you do not need
- Declutter your kitchen items, if you do not use something donate it
- Throw away or compost any expired food items
- Make an inventory of your pantry and stock up on any items you may need, don’t forget toilet paper!
- Declutter your closet. Mend, repurpose and donate items you do not wear any more
- Make your appointments for 2018 (dentist, gyno etc)
- Make a list of places you would like to see (be realistic) and make a budget/plan
- Have a cup of tea and reflect on your past adventures
- Recreate an old favourite recipe
- Create a recipe you have been meaning to try. Here are some cookie ones
- Invite a friend over for a meal
- Meet a friend for a coffee at a local coffee shop
- Go on a road or bus trip with friends to a new location
- Take a walk in a nature preserve. Bonus points for keeping your mobile at home
- Find a volunteering opportunity for 2018 and stick to it
- Call someone instead of texting them
- Have a digital detox day. Or half day. Whichever is realistic
- Appreciate the now and look forward to what it to come
I hope you have had an amazing 2017 even with all of the ups and downs. My list of 20 things to do before 2018 is designed to make you appreciate the here and now. Do you have your own list of 20 things to do before 2018? What else would you add? Share in the comments below and help others with the best start to 2018. I for one am really excited to see what it will bring.